Friday 29 June 2012

Dia de la Padre

Well its been a while since I have blogged, and apologies for that - now have started work am more busy than I was but am also experiencing fun things.

On the 17th June it was Father's Day around the world but for me it has never been a big thing, yes my Dad gets a present but the churches I have been at have never made a big deal of it, so was nice to see in Peru, all the Dad's being celebrated.

On the Saturday night at Jovenes, the day before Father's Day, we all made origami cards in the shape of shirts to give to all the Dad's in the church on the Sunday, this was good fun despite the fact one of my origami shirts looked more like an aeroplane!!

The Origami Father's Day Cards

Then on the Sunday, all the kids from the Sunday School got up and sang two songs for the Dad's and some of them said nice things about their Dad's... well hope they were nice, don't actually know what was said!! 

The Kids 

And then all of us from the Jovenes, acted out three skits - the first one involved Airyn sitting at a table and eating some popcorn given to her by her Mum (acted by Rocio), and then her Dad (Daniel) comes and talks to her and they ended up sitting eating popcorn and playing dress up together. Think this was to show how Dad's dote on their wee girls they don't mind wearing weird things - don't think I have ever played dress up with my Dad, maybe when I come home!! hee hee... too old for that now.

Airyn as a little girl

The second skit was of a father and son (Beto and David) in a car driving together and after the son drives fast, the father who you assume would yell at him, says well done son. Not sure what this was meant to say

Beto and David

And finally the third skit was of a Dad and Mum sleeping (Josue and myself) and the daughter comes into the bed to give her Dad a hug and wish him Happy Father's Day. I was meant to be pretending to sleep but could not stop laughing!! 

Josue and Me

Sandra coming to hug Daddy!

Afterwards, all the Dad's got up on the platform with the oldest child of the family and played a game about who knew their Dad best. At this stage I was sitting wishing my Dad was there but then also glad he wasn't as I am afraid to say I have no idea what his favourite colour is or favourite bible verse is so we would have lost the contest! The only thing I would have got right I think it his favourite food - everything!! 

The Dad's and their kids





No comments:

Post a Comment