Wednesday 3 October 2012

Freddie

So most of you know I do not like dogs especially small yappie  ones because a) I am scared of them and b) I am allergic to them. When I moved into my house in Peru and found out there was a small yappie dog I was not very happy - but 8 months on and I actually quite like the wee dog and will miss him when I leave in February.


Here are a few wee stories about my wee Freddie!

1) One night I was sitting beside Fred watching TV when he suddenly starts hiccuping (or as they say in Peru, he gets the hippos) - I have never seen a dog with the hiccups before, it was so cute.

2) In September Rut Maria, my Peruvian Mum went away on holiday for 15 days to Lima leaving me in charge of the house and the dog. On the second night of Rut Maria being away Fred sat outside the front door for 20 minutes waiting for her to come home - it was sweet but also heart breaking as I knew she would not be back for another 13 days. When I told him his mummy would not be back for a wee while he looked up at me with a sad face then ran straight to me. 

3) This week I have been sick with the stomach flu and one day was lying on my bed feeling bit miserable when Fred came and jumped on my bed to see if I was ok. I was cold so put my hood of my jumper up and the next moment Fred started attacking my head. He obviously does not like hoodies! 

4) Every time I go to bed or leave house Fred starts barking like crazy and tries to stop me from going to bed or leaving the house - at first it was very annoying but now its quite endearing

5) If anyone goes near me to hug me or even touch me sometimes Fred starts barking at them to back away, which is really strange as like three months ago he did not like me

I think that the two weeks we spent together when Rut Maria was away helped us bond, aww how sweet. He had to depend on me for food then and ended up quite liking me now we are buds - would not go as far as saying best buds, but we are buds.


No comments:

Post a Comment