Sunday 8 January 2012

4 weeks to go

Well on Friday, it was 4 weeks til I get on a plane and go on my travels to Peru. It is hard to believe I left my job nearly two months ago and have been back in Northern Ireland for a month. 

Being home has been good. The first two weeks home were spent getting ready for Christmas, helping my mum with things around the house, then there was Christmas which involved eating, spending time with my family and going sales shopping as well. 

My friend Sara from Bolivia arrived on 29th December, so we showed her the sights of Northern Ireland for the week she was here as well as letting her experience New Years Eve with my extended family. Think she had a good time here despite the fact that it rained a lot, we explained that was why Ireland was so green.

Now we are in January, and it is now 4 weeks before I go, so preparations will be continuing - need to have more injections and do other odds and ends. I also have some speaking engagements coming up and it would be great if you could pray for me during these times. 

On Friday 13th  and Saturday 14th January I am having an open house, so that people can drop in have some tea and a traybake and also have a chance to hear what I will be doing next year in Peru. This will be a good time to see people I have not seen in ages as well as hopefully get prayer and financial support for my year away.

       On Sunday 15th January I am speaking at St Andrews Presbyterian, Belfast. This was the church I was brought up in until the age of 11. So it will be good to back and see people I have not seen since then as well as update them on what I have been doing since I left and also tell them about what I will be doing next year. St Andrews have an existing link with Arequipa, Peru as there two retired Latin Link missionaries who served there who attend the church. And also a few years back they send out a Step team to help build the garden for Shalom school. The project I am working with, Nuevas Fuerzas, grew out of the Shalom School - so it will be good for St Andrews to hear an update on the work that the Step team did when they were out in Peru. 

       On Friday 20th January, I will be attending a Latin Link prayer group which meets in Belfast and is hosted by two Latin Link missionaries who used to live in Arequipa and Lima in Peru. Here, I will be sharing a bit about what I will be doing next year.
#
       And on 29th January, I will be leading the sunday night service at 2nd Broughshane Church, which is the church my parents attend now. I am not sure what I will be doing this night so prayers would be appreciated for me and also for Elma Currie, the Northern Ireland Latin Link co-ordinator who is going to help me with the service. 

       Thanks for all your prayers, they are much appreciated. And if you are in the area and want to attend the Open House or come hear me speak at St Andrews or 2nd Brougshane it would be great to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment