Thursday 19 January 2012

Open House

Last weekend I had an Open House weekend where the idea was for people just to drop in and say hi, have a cup of tea, a scone, traybake and even a bowl of soup at lunchtime, as well as hear more about the work of Latin Link and what I will be doing whilst in Peru.

Well people did come which was great, Friday night saw 17 people through our doors, and on Saturday I lost count of how many came, but at one point it was standing room only. That evening I was quite tired, but was also very encouraged by the amount of people who came to support me.

I did my little speech six times that weekend, and think I was even saying it in my sleep that night, but thank you to everyone who came to see me and listen to me. It means a lot. It was great to see people whom I have not seen in a long time and even meet new people.

My parents and I were talking that night, and realised that we had someone from every church Dad has ever been minister (of which there are 5), that meant a lot to him and Mum as well as me.

I have many prayer and financial supporters for my time away in Peru, and am blessed by each and everyone of them, without you all I would not be able to do, so THANK YOU everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment