Thursday 19 January 2012

St Andrews Presbyterian, Belfast

On Sunday, my parents and I made the trip from Broughshane to Belfast as I was due to speak at St Andrews Presbyterian, Belfast. My stomach was full of butterflies the whole way down, not because I was due to speak, am quite good at speaking, except in large crowds.

No, I was nervous because the last time I was at this church was when I was 11, which was even though its hard to believe 18 years ago. I had not seen a lot of people since then and the last time they saw me I was probably running through the halls being a mischievous child (I was never mischievous, so must have been another little child).

It was great being there though, seeing so many people I grew up with and taught me in Christian Endeavour, Girl Guides and Holiday Bible Club. I will tell you one thing though, when I walked in to the church, it was a lot smaller than I remembered it to me - your perspective of things changes when you get older.

St Andrews has previously sent two Step teams out to Arequipa, so it was great to hear stories about that and here the enthusiasm they have for the place, made me want to jump on the plane that lunchtime. It has definitely added to my excitement for going, and I look forward to seeing the projects they were involved with out there.

Thanks to Rev David Maxwell and the congregation of St Andrews for having me. Look forward to seeing you when I get back to update you on all that happens during my year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment