Sunday 5 February 2012

I have arrived

Well I am now in Peru, it is quite exciting yet scary too. I still cannot believe I am here after talking for so long about going, but am glad I am here.

My journey started on Friday morning, left home at 11am, arrived at Belfast City and checked in. For Belfast to London you are only allowed 20kg but I thought I would be ok as I was booked the whole way through and I would not have to pay. Unfortunately that was not the case and I had to pay for the extra 4.3 kg, was annoying but had to do it.

Arrived in London at 2.45pm to be met by my friend Miranda, was lovely seeing her after 7 weeks. Good to catch up. She walked me from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 where we met Cecily and Jenny (my travel partners)... and we checked in. Was still feeling calm at this stage and happy which was great. Thought wow this is it, am off on my adventure.

We were meant to fly at 18.50 but we actually left at 8.30 after sitting on the plane for ages. This delay meant that when we got to Madrid we only had half hour to get from one plane to the next plane, was quite a rush but we made it. We did not think our bags would make it but they did which was great news.

The flight to Lima was 12 hours, such a long time to be stuck somewhere you cannot leave from. Watched two movies that I wanted to watch in a long time, Ides of March (might have title wrong) and Real Steel - Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds easy on the eye so helped pass the time. Slept a bit but not a lot.

We eventually arrived in to Lima at 6.30am and when we arrived the whole plane clapped, never experienced that before was weird. But suppose they were just so glad to have landed and arrived safely.

We got our luggage and were met by Ruth Turner, the Latin Link Stride Co-orindator for Peru, was so good to be there. We then made our way in to Lima where we will be staying for a week. Will update on first week later and add some pictures.

2 comments:

  1. It's a good job you weren't sent to Australia or had to travel years ago by boat to Peru. 12 hrs is nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And oops..... it wasn't mum who made the comment - I just published from her comp - Cx

    ReplyDelete