Monday 28 January 2013

My youthful farewell

On Saturday night I had my despedida (farewell) at the Jovenes (the young people) but everyone from the church was invited - young and old. I would not be lying if I told you that the whole of Saturday I was so nervous and it took Abby (the new strider) to practically drag me there.

Why was I nervous - because Peruvian birthdays and farewells can be a bit too much too handle sometimes but they are fun, however when you are on the goodbye side of it you never know what to expect. But as it turned out it was not so bad.

The evening started with them singing a song to me about friendship, was so lovely and brought tears to my eyes. The games master Lidia brought in the games which meant a lot of running around and then me and others eating cake from a nappy!!

Me eating cake from a nappy

Pastor Abel

I was also designated Queen for the evening as it was my night - so when the crown was placed on my head, I proudly declared myself as the Queen of Ireland... anyone have any objections?

Queen of Ireland

Then came the piece de resistance of the night - a drama about me. I was dreading this but it was hilarious, at the end I could not even breathe because of laughing to much and the tears were running down my face. Airyn and Lidia did the drama with Airyn playing the part of my mentor Ruth Turner and Lidia playing the part of me - she had warned me this was going to happen on New Year's Eve but didn't due to other reasons, so this was the night!

So what aspects of my time in Peru did Lidia make fun of me   - all my illnesses, my lack of Spanish, my always falling over and of course the time on Christmas Day when I ended up with curtain cord around my neck - so so funny. 

Airyn as Ruth, Lidia as me

Lidia as me!!
One question - does Lidia even look anything like me?! Airyn's impression of Ruth was excellent - with the wig etc... when Lidia asked for my Latin Link jumper, never knew it would be used for this!!

The night ended with people saying nice things to me - had tears in my eyes at this time as well. Will miss them all so much, the church have been so good to me and have made some good friends there.

To see more pictures please click here 



No comments:

Post a Comment