Tuesday 8 January 2013

Its a New Year

I know its a week since New Year's Eve but not too late to update you on my festivities to help bring in the New Year. 

On New Year's Eve my church had a Talent Night which also included a dinner and fireworks as well! As with Christmas, Peru is all about the fireworks on New Years Eve (though think most countries are) so the sky was bright with colours and life was noisy for a while!

I do not have a talent to my name so I did not take part in the talent show, just used my talent of photography in taking photos of those other people with talents! We had many singers, a mime artist, and the pastor read out a poem. It was a fun night and good to see other people's talents.

Pastor Abel

Paul the mime artist

As mentioned we also had a dinner -there were three tables set up - one for the kids, one for the adults and then another one for the young people - I was not sure which table to sit at!!! But opted for the young people's table. Dinner was pork, potatoes and salads and was lovely but eating a big meal at 11.30pm is proving hard for me now am used to my main meal at lunch time - its best at altitude to eat big meals during the day, helps the digestion system. 

The adults table

As well as fireworks being let off all around the city, the young lads in our church also set some off... this was a dangerous business, as one was put in the middle of the road and a car went over it just as it exploded, thankfully they were only tiny fireworks!! The guys are from Cuba and they are crazy!

Putting firework in middle of road

Bit too close!!

To see more photos of the evening please click here






No comments:

Post a Comment