Friday 25 January 2013

Off to the beach

In the summer most people in Arequipa go off to the beach which is three hours away on bus. Throughout the year I have wanted to go and experience the Peruvian beaches but have never had a chance, but finally last weekend I got to go. I went with my mentor Ruth Turner for the weekend to Mejia.


To prove I was there!!
Latin Link have a house in Mejia so we went to stay there, and it was so nice, standing on the patio you saw the sea and could even here it from the house... I have missed the sound of the waves. And from the house the beach was only a five minute walk.

The House
What did we do at the beach? Well something I don't normally do - sat on the beach and sunbathed - we did sit under a shelter so we were in the shade, but somehow I still managed to get my legs burnt - stupid me!

Though I don't normally like sitting on the beach not doing much - it was lovely to get down there and relax, sit and read, watch the waves etc - nice to relax before coming back to Arequipa for a week of goodbyes - it helped refresh me. And I had good company in the form of Ruth, though sometimes I think she wished I would stop talking!! 

The rocks and waves

Love watching the waves hit the rocks

The Beach

It was lovely to go and see another part of Peru as well as take in some rays before I go home to the cold cold weather in Northern Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment