Monday 17 December 2012

So its time to leave...

So my time at Nuevas Fuerzas is coming to an end which  I am very sad about as I have loved working with the young disabled adults there. The last day is not until 18th December, but the focus on this day will be Christmas, so Paul (the boss) decided to hold a goodbye for me last Thursday (13th). This was a nice surprise for me, but something I was actually not wanting to do - say goodbye, there were tears but it was lovely time as well.

There were pizzas for everyone and Ruth (my mentor) even made some traybakes - sticky jimmies (those who don't live in N.Ireland might have to google that) and some Fifteens (my favourite traybake). This was a lovely treat for me as have been missing my fifteen's. Think everyone else enjoyed them, and the mum's even asked for the recipe so that was a good sign. Good to bring a bit of the Irish culture over to Peru.

Paul with the traybakes

There was another surprise for me as well - a lovely present for a photo frame with different photos from my time in Nuevas Fuerzas, something for me to take home, put on my wall and treasure. Some of the young adults gave me presents as well - including a lovely heart shaped photo frame made for me by Kati. So got a photo of me and her to put into that. Was touched she would do that for me.

Me with my present

Kati and me

I had to give a speech as well in Spanish, am hoping I got the words right and did not say anything wrong. Then Hermana Julia (Alenjandro's mum) gave a wee speech which brought more tears and Hermana Rut (a helper) prayed for me. It was all lovely and emotional. 

Hermana Julia and me

Hermana Rut

It was a lovely afternoon, very special and one which I will remember forever. Those people in Nuevas Fuerzas are very special people to me and will always be with me. Will miss them lots.

Everyone

To see more photos of my despedida (goodbye) please click here (warning there are quite a few photos!)




No comments:

Post a Comment